I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy — but that could change.

Monday, January 7, 2008

Idiot of the week: Norman Finkelstein

Norman Finkelstein spent this week in Lebanon where he met Hezbollah's commander Nabil Kaouk, in his office in Tyre. Here is a choice quote by Mr. Finkelstein as reported by AP.

"I know that I can get in a lot of trouble for what I am about to say, but I think that the Hezbollah represents the hope."
This is the very same Nabil Kaouk who is reported to be responsible for a host of atrocities, including the 1983 bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks.

Dear Mr. Finkelstein, if Hezbollah repwesents hope in the Middle East, I sincerely hope that I never see the face of despair.

Pity that Mr. Finkelstein seems to have missed the Iran Holocaust Conference, where he could have immersed himself in deep studies og the Nazi Gas Chambers with the like of KKK's David Duke and discussed mutual adoration with "Jews United Against Zionism" of Neturei Karta.

And here is a nice little quote by Nabil Kaouk himself:

"American people, you are partners in these massacres, you are partners in this war. After this no Lebanese can trust an American. You are all murderers and criminals." *
Well, all of us, Americans, apart, of course, from Mr. Finkelstein.

Digg this

No comments:

post archive

post tags

новый самиздат

My photo
Silicone Valley, United States
I am a cantankerous man living and working in the Silicon Valley where reading books is an abomination that is virtually unheard of, frowned upon and may be detrimental to one's career. I avoid censure by never conceding that I ever read or owned a book in my life. If anyone accidentally glimpses my scant proficiency in any subject matter, I immediately accredit it to having glanced at DrudgeReport that day.

cantankerous reader bookshelf