I believe we are on an irreversible trend toward more freedom and democracy — but that could change.

Saturday, December 29, 2007

IDF finds explosive chemicals in EU aid bags

Reuters:

The army said 6.5 tons of potassium nitrate were in bags marked as sugar from the European Union for Palestinians.

The cargo in a Palestinian truck was traveling in the occupied West Bank and seized several weeks ago at an Israeli checkpoint, the army said.
For the record, 6.5 tons of potassium nitrate is almost three times as powerful as the bomb that McVeigh used in Oklahoma City - 5,000 pounds (2,300 kg).

So here is the peace plan: Give the Palestinians $7.5B in aid and force Israel to remove the checkpoints. Yeah, that will surely do the trick!

Digg this

No comments:

post tags

новый самиздат

My photo
Silicone Valley, United States
I am a cantankerous man living and working in the Silicon Valley where reading books is an abomination that is virtually unheard of, frowned upon and may be detrimental to one's career. I avoid censure by never conceding that I ever read or owned a book in my life. If anyone accidentally glimpses my scant proficiency in any subject matter, I immediately accredit it to having glanced at DrudgeReport that day.

cantankerous reader bookshelf